A high-altitude hike through the snow sports area and along the sunny flanks of Piz Champatsch to the village of Sent. A walk through the village of Sent afterwards is a must.
Distance 13.7 km
The fourth stage of the winter version of the long-distance hiking trail «Via Engiadina» begins with the ascent in the cable car from Scuol to Motta Naluns. On the gondola ride you enjoy the first view of the day's destination Sent, which is located on a sunny terrace to the east of Scuol. This alpine winter hike begins at the mountain station of the Scuol gondola lift, Motta Naluns at around 2150 metres above sea level. From here, the path slopes gently down past the valley station of the Naluns chairlift and the children's lifts in the direction of Jonvrai. The trail now gradually leads along the mountain flank into open terrain before heading downhill again towards the ski area. At Jonvrai, the route briefly touches the slopes before returning to open mountain terrain. After a few metres of uphill, steeper descents have to be mastered again and again. On the way down to Sent, there is a short stretch along the «dream piste», the valley run of the Motta Naluns ski area.
Die Weitwanderung ist als Package inklusive Gepäcktransport buchbar. Mehr Informationen: engadin.com/via-engiadina-winter
AuthorTourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG (nm)
Update: May 17, 2022
Safety informationThe trail is groomed after each snowfall. Please note the condition reports in the winter sports report. The tour was assessed in favourable weather conditions, the current snow and weather conditions must be observed before starting.
- Please note that this trail may be closed due to avalanche danger.
- The trail leads through wildlife rest areas, please do not leave forest trails.
- The trail runs partly on cross-country ski trails - please walk along the edge of the trails.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Tips and hintsengadin.com
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
Scuol is located directly on the Engadine road H27 (20 minutes' drive from Vereina south portal)
- Paid parking e.g. at the railway station and at the mountain railways in Scuol
32T 598378 5183200
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentHigh and sturdy hiking boots or winter boots, warm clothing, sun protection, hiking poles, as needed: sledges for the descent.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view