Via Engiadina long-distance hiking trail (winter)
Engadin Samnaun Val Müstair Verified partner Explorers Choice
Safety informationThe trail is groomed after each snowfall. Please note the condition reports in the winter sports report. The tour was assessed in favourable weather conditions, the current snow and weather conditions must be observed before starting.
- The trail passes through wildlife rest areas, please do not leave forest trails.
- The trail runs partly on cross-country ski trails and ski slopes - please walk along the edge of the trails/slopes.
- The km figures for the route include the ascent Scuol – Motta Naluns.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Tips and hintsengadin.com/via-engiadina-winter
- From Susch to Sur Punt and the eastern edge of the village.
- Follow the path across the fields and through the forest
- At Lavin cross the Inn over the wooden bridge
- Cross the village to the church
- At the church through the subway
- Follow the path past Gonda to Guarda
Stage 2, Guarda – Ardez:
- Cross Guarda from west to east
- Continue on the old Engadine road to Bos-cha
- Slightly downhill to Ardez
3rd stage, Ardez – Ftan – Scuol:
- Follow the main road in an easterly direction
- Turn left at the edge of the village
- Pass the schoolhouse and take two bends to the junction
- Follow hiking trail towards Chanoua
- Ascent to Chanoua
- Follow the road for approx. 2km
- Turn off into the forest before the Hotel Paradies
- Follow the path via the old mill and over the hill to Ftan
- Go up through the village and follow the winter hiking trail towards Scuol
4th stage, Scuol – Sent:
- From the Motta Naluns mountain station, follow the winter hiking trail uphill parallel to the ski slope
- Follow the trail
- Cross the pistes at Jonvrai
- Follow the signs towards Sent
- At the Sömi Bar descend to Sent (off-piste)
- With the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart, Upper and Lower Engadine) hourly to Zernez.
- By PostBus from Val Müstair, Upper Engadine and Mals hourly to Zernez
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27.
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
- Zernez is located directly on the Ofenpass and on the Engadine road H27 (10 minutes drive from Vereina south portal)
- Free parking at the railway station, in the village and at the National Park Visitor Centre in Zernez.
- Paid parking at the railway station in Lavin or at the Hotel Bär & Post in Zernez.
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentHigh and sturdy hiking boots or winter boots, warm clothing, sun cream, sunglasses, sunscreen, hiking poles.
- 4 Stages
Erste Etappe der Winterwanderung Via Engiadina. Ab Zernez flach entlang dem Inn über Susch bis Lavin und dann hoch zum Terrassendorf Guarda.
Zweite Etappe der mehrtägigen Winterwanderung Via Engiadina. Vom Terrassendorf Guarda führt der Weg aussichtsreich über Bos-cha bis Ardez.
Dritte Etappe der mehrtägigen Winterwanderung Via Engiadina. Ab Ardez auf alten Pfaden vorbei an historischen Bauten und Ruinen nach Ftan und ...
A high-altitude hike through the snow sports area and along the sunny flanks of Piz Champatsch to the village of Sent. A walk through the village ...
Questions and answers
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others