Toboggan run with panoramic views.
Distance 2.2 km
From the PostBus stop Sent, Sala, the path leads approx. 100m to the west and turns onto the "Stron" path at the junction. Past the fountain, the "Via Veglia Vers Scuol" path follows the signs toward Restaurant Vastur. The ascent to Restaurant Vastur is on the actual toboggan run and takes about 60 minutes. Be careful of toboggans on the trail. Once you arrive at Restaurant Vastur, you can enjoy a hot drink, a Grisons snack or fondue to strengthen yourself. You can either bring your own sledge with you or rent one at Restaurant Vastur (the host organises the return transport to the restaurant). The toboggan run with a length of about 3 km offers a wonderful panoramic view over the Lower Engadine and the opposite side of the valley around Val d'Uina and the Lower Engadine Dolomites. It runs through open field. Despite a liberating feeling and high speed in the two steep needle-eye bends, caution is advised with regard to possible pedestrians. With a little luck and the perfect combination of a fast piste and little wind, you glide back to the Stron or Scuol turn-off, and for Sent you cross the "Val da Muglins" gorge.
AuthorTourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG (mp)
Update: July 06, 2021
Safety informationThe trail is groomed after each snowfall. Please note the condition reports in the winter sports report. The tour was assessed in favourable weather conditions, the current snow and weather conditions must be taken into account before starting.
Note: The trail is used equally by winter hikers and sledders.
- 144 Emergency call, first aid
- 1414 Mountain rescue REGA
- 112 International emergency call
Tips and hintsInformation Restaurant Vastur: https://www.vastur.ch/
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27.
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
Sent can be reached in 5 minutes by car from the Engadin road H27 near Scuol as well as Sur En (25 minutes drive from Veraina south portal).
- Paid parking spaces at the western (multi-storey car park) and eastern entrance to the village (below the cemetery)
32T 600311 5185592
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentSledges (sledges can also be rented at the Vastur Restaurant), high and sturdy hiking boots or winter boots, warm clothing, sun protection, gloves and helmet recommended.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view