Long sledge run in the easternmost tip of Switzerland with extensive views and rapid descents through the forest. The starting point can be reached from Tschlin within 10 minutes on foot.
Distance 4.9 km
The toboggan run starts east of Tschlin. After a 30-minute walk, you reach the turnoff toward Martina and thus the starting point of the toboggan run with its spectacular views. Along the way, picturesquely situated benches invite you to rest and enjoy the winter views. At Balsarom, a large bend leads into the forest with the same name with more rapid sections. After the third bend you reach the winter hiking trail between Martina and Strada and follow it to the right or westwards for about 750 metres. Just before the hamlet, turn left and sledge the last 500 metres to the PostBus stop Sclamischot.
AuthorScuol Samnaun Val Müstair (mma)
Update: July 06, 2021
Safety informationThe trail is groomed after each snowfall. Please note the condition reports in the winter sports report. The tour was assessed in favourable weather conditions, current snow and weather conditions must be noted before starting.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Tips and hintshttps://scuol.engadin.com/de/unterengadin/tschlin
- Follow the road from Scuol in the direction of Martina. Before Strada, follow the turn-off to Tschlin.
- Paid parking available at the entrance to the village
32T 609802 5192495
EquipmentSledges, high and sturdy hiking boots or winter boots, warm clothing, sun protection, gloves and helmet recommended.
Basic Equipment for Sledding
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Sledding
- Sled with tow strap
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons are useful on ascent
- Ski Helmet recommended when sledding through heavily wooded areas
- Ski goggles if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view