The Zitatenweg (path of quotations and aphorisms) with quotations on an annually changing theme.
Distance 6 km
The Zitatenweg is a well-developed forest trail which begins at the end of Samnaun-Compatsch and rises gently. Along the quotations, which are compiled annually regarding a new theme, you walk toward the Zanders valley. A beautiful view of the neighbouring Spiss and Muttakopf opens up. At the end of the quotation path, at Malfragbach, you cross the national border. After about one kilometre you cross the Zandersbach and once again leave Austrian territory. Following Zandersbach you reach the bus stop Spissermühle, where a PostBus leaves every hour for Samnaun.
AuthorTourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG
Update: February 04, 2021
Safety informationemergency call:
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Tips and hintswww.samnaun.ch
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) Then take the H27 in the direction via Scuol and Martina to Vinadi. At the junction Vinadi to Samnaun (about 1 hour from Vereina Südportal)
- From the east: via the Inn valley road B180 via Landeck to Pfunds, junction Kajetansbrücke and via Spiss to Samnaun.
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders) on B180 to Pfunds, junction Kajetansbrücke and via Spiss to Samnaun.
- Parking spaces in Samnaun-Laret below the alpine dairy.
- Parking spaces in Samnaun-Compatsch near the school/adventure bath
32T 606874 5201732
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentGood shoes, rain and sun protection, water bottle, bandages.
Basic Equipment for Nature Trails
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Comfortable clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view