Adventure and culture trail with via ferrata elements at the valley entrance to Val d'Uina with exciting information on historical events.
Distance 6.3 km
The adventure and cultural trail «Puntins Ots Uina» leads along old mule trails through the Val d'Uina. It is characterised by atttactive via ferrata passages (equipment rental on site) and its historical background. The starting point Puntins Ots Uina can be reached from Sur En on the forest road in the direction of Uina Dadaint. In addition to the spectacular route along the historic main connecting paths in the Val d'Uina, the circular tour offers exciting information on historical events. The trail is steep and partly exposed.
Equipment can be hired on request from Marco Sport in Scuol.
Schellen-Ursli filming locations: The crash of the loaded wagon and part of the alpine procession in the film Schellen-Ursli were filmed near Puntins Ots, below the adventure and cultural trail of the same name in Val d'Uina. You can find all the filming locations of the Schellen-Ursli film here.
AuthorTourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG
Update: September 29, 2021
Safety informationThe hike through the culture and adventure trail can be undertaken at one's own responsibility, independently. The municipality declines all liability. The trail has exposed sections. A via ferrata set is obligatory for the use of the rope bridges.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Tips and hints
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27.
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
- On the Engadin road (H27) to Crusch (between Ramosch and Scuol), then down the valley to Sur En as far as the covered Inn bridge and the camping site.
- Free public parking in Sur En at the Inn bridge and at the campsite
32T 604196 5185903
EquipmentA via ferrata set is obligatory for the use of the rope bridges.
Basic Equipment for Nature Trails
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Comfortable clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view