The hike is easy to manage, offers many opportunities to rest, two playgrounds with fireplaces directly on the water (in Valchava and Müstair) and several inns in the villages not far from the route. The route through the plain between Tschierv and Fuldera or in Müstair between the Schützenhaus and the schoolhouse is also suitable for prams. The hike can be done in stages.
The handy and richly illustrated information brochure «A la riva dal Rom - a river writes history» turns the hiking trail into a theme trail. It conveys the eventful history, the special habitats and the legends around the Rombach. The brochure also contains a detailed hiking map and is available free of charge at the guest information office or at the Center da Biosfera.
Download the information brochure:
Safety informationThe tour was assessed in favourable weather conditions, it is imperative that the current weather conditions and weather forecasts are observed before starting the tour.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Tips and hintswww.val-muestair.ch
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass to Zernez on the H27. From Zernez on the H28 into Val Müstair to Tschierv. (35 minutes' drive from Vereina south portal).
- From the east: via Reschenpass (Nauders) on the SS40 to Mals. From Mals on the SS41 to the Swiss border in Müstair. From Müstair on the H28 to Tschierv.
- From the south: Via Bolzano and Merano on the SS40 to Malles. From Mals on the SS41 to the Swiss border in Müstair. From Müstair on the H28 to Tschierv.
- Free parking in Tschierv
Book recommendation by the author
EquipmentGood shoes, rain and sun protection, water bottle, first aid kit.
Basic Equipment for Nature Trails
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Comfortable clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.