Safety informationSnowshoe tours are undertaken at your own responsibility. The route is not marked. We recommend consulting the avalanche report (www.slf.ch) before starting the tour.
Attention: Respect game rest zones.
The tour has been assessed in favourable weather conditions, the current snow and weather conditions must be taken into account before setting off.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Tips and hintswww.vna.ch
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27.
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
Vnà can be reached from the Engadine road H27 from Ramosch Fermada in 5 minutes by car.
- Free parking available at the Florinus church in Ramosch
- Free parking available directly at the Vnà bus stop
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentSnowshoe equipment, high and sturdy hiking boots or winter boots, warm clothing, sun protection.
Basic Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.