Beautiful loop from Ftan Grond, up to the High Alpine Institute, through the Ftan forests and back to Ftan Grond again.
Distance 7.9 km
Enjoy a Nordic Walking tour around Ftan. You start your tour in Ftan Grond, in the centre. From here, with the best view of the valley, you walk out to the Hotel Paradies, past a playground and on up to the High Alpine Institute. From here you dive into the Ftan forest, also called God Chauols. You make a loop here and finally reach the village of Ftan again.
AuthorTourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG
Update: September 28, 2021
Safety informationEmergency call:
- 144 Emergency call, first aid
- 1414 Mountain rescue REGA
- 112 International emergency call
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27.
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
- Ftan is situated on a sunny terrace and can be reached in 10 minutes by car from Ardez or Scuol on the Engadine road H27.
32T 595182 5182907
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view