You start at the top station of the Motta Naluns cable car, making the 850-metre ascent under your own steam if you want to. From here, you will tackle another 300 metres of ascent before a beautiful mountain path takes you to the wonderfully-situated Alp Clünas. This is where the real fun begins! A meadow trail leads down to Alp Laret, and then on to Prui along a fun-filled single trail. The downhill fun doesn‘t come to an end until you get to Clarai, albeit temporarily.There are 60 metres of ascent to contend with before you can ride fluidly along the next trail. Eventually, you reach the bridge in Val Tasna from where you take the little country road to Ftan. In the district of Pitschen you will come across the next exciting trail, this time down to the banks of the River Inn. Follow this for the last few metres of the tour, down the valley to the historical centre of Scuol.
HOME OF TRAILS
Incidentally: In the «Home of Trails» video, the Scottish bike star Danny MacAskill cannot resist jumping from the new to the old stone bridge in Val Tasna. Below him: a wild mountain stream. Beside him: an impressed Claudio Caluori.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.