442 Engiadina Bassa (Komplett für Etappentour)
Engadin Samnaun Val Müstair Verified partner Explorers Choice
EatingPhoto: Filip Zuan, Engadin Samnaun Val Müstair
The first stage of the Regional Bikeroute Engiadina Bassa 442 is high in altitude. After a leisurely start, the tour becomes increasingly demanding in terms of fitness. From here the trail climbs slightly to Sur En d'Ardez. Here you have an impressive panoramic view of Guarda to the northwest, Bos-cha, Munt and Ardez at the foot of the Steinsberg castle ruins to the north and Tarasp with its striking castle to the east. After crossing the Inn, there is a long steady climb to Ftan.
Part 2: Ftan - Ramosch
The second stage of the regional bikeroute is peppered with impressive views and vistas. At the beginning, the proud Tarasp Castle at the foot of the striking Lower Engadine Dolomites dominates the panorama. Later on, the individual villages of the Lower Engadine appear on the horizon and in the distance, all of which are visited on the tour, namely Scuol, Sent, Vnà and Ramosch.
Part 3: Ramosch - Martina
Sunny final stage of the regional Bikeroute 442, which impresses with its terraced landscapes, the village of Tschlin high above the Inn and the rapid descent to the national border.
Safety informationThe tour was evaluated in favourable weather conditions, current weather conditions and weather forecasts must be taken into account before starting the tour. This tour requires a high level of riding safety, balance and technical riding skills.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Consideration for hikersThe Graubünden mountain bike routes run for the most part on single trails that are also signposted as hiking trails. Hikers always have the right of way.
- Accessible by train and bus
- With the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau, from the Upper Engadine or from Scuol hourly to Susch station)
- Du nord : via Landquart - Klosters par chargement des voitures à travers le tunnel de la Vereina (Selfranga - Sagliains) ou via le col de la Flüela en Basse-Engadine sur H27
- Depuis l'est : via Landeck / Autriche en direction de St. Moritz sur H27
- Du sud : via le col du Reschen (Nauders-Martina) ou le col de l'Ofen (Val Müstair-Zernez) sur H27
Susch se trouve directement au col de la Flüela et sur la route de l'Engadine H27 (5 minutes de trajet depuis le portail sud de la Vereina).
- Paid parking at the railway station in Susch
Book recommendation by the author
- Bike Explorer «Unterengadin», ISBN: 978-3-907738-31-3
EquipmentHelmet, gloves, good shoes, glasses, rain and sun protection, water bottle, repair kit, first aid kit
- 4 Waypoints
- 4 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others