Val Mora - A sense of the Canadian wilderness
Engadin Samnaun Val Müstair Verified partner Explorers Choice
The Val Mora is a still untouched mountain valley, visited only by hikers and bikers. First through rocks, later on comfortable forest roads with views of the surrounding peaks and waterfalls. At Döss Radond (2234 m a.s.l.) is the watershed, on one side the water flows off over the Aua da Vau into the Val Müstair, on the other side into the Livigno reservoir. Now the descent begins. Passing the Alp Praveder (2090 m a.s.l.), which belongs to the monastery of Müstair, we descend to the Alp Clastras (1943 m a.s.l.), which also belongs to the monastery. Shortly below, the descent from Lai da Rims joins us from the right. There is the possibility to shorten the hike and take the post bus in Pra da Vau. At Tschuccai (1779 m a.s.l.) the path branches off. We keep to the left and hike down the Val Vau on the forest road until we arrive in Valchava after some time.
Safety informationThe tour was evaluated in favorable weather conditions, current weather conditions and weather forecasts are mandatory to follow before starting the tour.
144 emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Tips and hintswww.engadin.com
Ascent to the Jufplaun plain
Crossing into Val Mora
Steep descent to the valley
Follow the path to Döss Radond
Descent, past the Praveder Alp to the Clastras Alp
At Tschuccai keep left
On the forest road down the Val Vau to Valchava
- With the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau, from the Upper or Lower Engadin) hourly to Zernez.
- Continue by PostBus from Zernez or from Val Müstair and Mals hourly to PostBus stop Buffalora P10
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela pass to Zernez on the H27. From Zernez on the H28 in the direction of Val Müstair to Buffalora (30 minutes from Vereina south portal).
- From the east: via Reschenpass (Nauders) on the SS40 to Mals. From Mals on the SS41 to the Swiss border to Müstair. From Müstair on the H28 direction Zernez until Buffalora.
- From the south: Via Bolzano and Merano on the SS40 to Malles. From Mals on the SS41 to the Swiss border to Müstair. From Müstair on the H28 to Buffalora.
ParkingFree parking at Buffalora
Author’s map recommendations
Questions and answers
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others