From Samnaun Dorf up to Zeblasjoch and then along the border ridge with its rich views via Salaaser Kopf to Viderjoch and down to the Alp Trider saddle
The hike initially takes you through the village street with numerous duty free shops in Samnaun Dorf. At the end of the village road the path continues via the country road steadily slightly uphill to Val Musauna, always along the Schergenbach. From point 2087 the path becomes steeper and takes you up to the Zeblas pastures. From here it is not far to Zeblasjoch, where the border to Austria is located. From Zeblasjoch, the trail continues past Palinkopf toward Salaaser Kopf, where you can enjoy an impressive panoramic view: the Verwall group in the Paznaun valley in the north, the Samnaun group with Muttler and Stammerspitz in the south and Hexenkopf in the east up to the Ötztaler Alps. The trail continues along the border ridge to Greitspitz, then down to Viderjoch. Here you can either take the chairlift to Alp Trida/Alp Trider saddle, or hike for about 45 minutes along the trail past the reservoir (for snow-making in winter) down to Alp Trider saddle.
AuthorTourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG
Updated: May 04, 2021
Safety informationThe tour has been evaluated under favorable weather conditions. Current weather conditions and weather forecasts must be taken into account before the tour starts. This hike requires elementary alpine experience, orientation skills, hiking boots are recommended.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Tips, hints and linkswww.samnaun.ch
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) Then take the H27 in the direction via Scuol and Martina to Vinadi. At the junction Vinadi to Samnaun (about 1 hour from Vereina Südportal)
- From the east: via the Inn valley road B180 via Landeck to Pfunds, junction Kajetansbrücke and via Spiss to Samnaun.
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders) on B180 to Pfunds, junction Kajetansbrücke and via Spiss to Samnaun.
- Parking Chasa Riva at the entrance of Samnaun
- VillageAdditional parking spaces at Musella or Votlas
32T 603707 5200029
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentGood shoes, rain and sun protection, water bottle, bandages.
Push the arrows to change the view