The loop at the Macunseen is an optional extension of the tour and takes an additional 50 minutes (not yet included above). However, this can be avoided by taking the direct path towards Lavin.
Herzige kleine Bergseen, naturbelassene Täler und aussichtsreiche Alpen – die Ferienregion Engadin Scuol Zernez hat einiges zu bieten. Wir verraten Ihnen unter scuol-zernez.engadin.com/geheimtipps unsere absoluten Geheimtipps, aber pssst...!
Safety informationThe tour was assessed in favourable weather conditions. Before starting the hike, it is crucial to check the current weather conditions and forecasts. This hike requires basic alpine experience, orientation skills, and hiking boots are recommended.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain Rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car through the Vereinatunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüelapass to Lower Engadine on the H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria towards St. Moritz on the H27
- From the South: via Reschen Pass (Nauders-Martina) or Fuorn Pass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on the H27
Zernez is located directly on the Fuorn Pass and on the Engadiner Street H27 (10 minute drive from the Vereina south entrance)
ParkingPaid parking is available at Zernez train station
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentSturdy walking or hiking boots, warm clothing, sun and rain protection, trekking poles as required, and binoculars are recommended.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.