Easy circular hike through the typical forests of the Ofenpass area. Enjoy magnificent views from Alp Grimmels of the once intensively used Ofenpass forests and the nearby marmots frolicking. Also suitable for small children.
Distance 6 km
An ideal hike for families. Following in the footsteps of the muleteers, the trail leads away from the present pass road and onto the former mule track from Zernez toward the Ofenpass. As a rule, this route is one of the first to be taken in spring in the Swiss National Park. At this time it captivates with a wealth of flowers on the meadows. Even the hoofed animals are still at low altitudes at this time of year. From Champlönch it leads over Alp Grimmels, a magnificent vantage point and back again on other paths. Note: Dogs are not allowed in the Swiss National Park, not even on a leash. Further information on this and all protection regulations can be found at www.nationalpark.ch/en/visit/hiking/protection-regulations/.
From car park 1 to the turnoff leading to Alp Grimmels, the route follows the virtual Champlönch children's trail of the Swiss National Park. By means of a GPS-supported app, families can find out many exciting facts about the National Park on this route. The app is available on the website www.nationalpark.ch. In addition, the National Park Centre in Zernez offers a booklet including an audio CD on the Champlönch Children's Trail.
Author- Schweizerischer Nationalpark / Hans Lozza / - Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair (dt) /
Update: July 08, 2021
Safety informationEasy round tour, also suitable for smaller children. The hike can usually be undertaken as early as May.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Tips and hints
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27.
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From Zernez on Ofenpassstrasse in the direction of Val Müstair to car park 1
From Val Müstair over the Ofenpass towards Zernez to car park 1
- Free parking at the railway station, in the village and at the National Park Visitor Centre in Zernez.
- Free parking in car park 1 on the Ofenpass road.
32T 589236 5170234
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentWalking shoes, warm clothes, sun and rain protection.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view