The panoramic hike on the sunny side of the Lower Engadine leads through authentic Engadine mountain villages and offers magnificent views of the mountain world.
Distance 20 km
The panoramic hike on the sunny slopes of the Lower Engadine leads through striking Engadine villages such as Lavin, Guarda, Ardez and Ftan. Narrow alleys with sgraffito-ornamented houses wait to be explored. Between the villages, the rather easy path runs through stretches rich in nature with magnificent views of the Engadine mountain world. In spring you can marvel at the diverse flora, in autumn at the golden colours.
- Between Lavin and Guarda, just a few steps from the path you will find the ancient ruin of Gonda.
- Take your time and explore the streets of Guarda.
AuthorTourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG
Update: July 09, 2021
Tips and hintswww.scuol-zernez.com
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27.
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
- Paid parking at the railway station in Lavin.
- It is recommended to travel by Rhaetian Railway, as this is a long-distance tour.
32T 584896 5180189
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentSturdy shoes, sun protection.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view