Safety informationThe tour was evaluated in favorable weather conditions, current weather conditions and weather forecasts are mandatory to follow before starting the tour.
144 emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Getting thereFrom the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27.
From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
From south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
Tschlin is located about 17 km east of Scuol in the municipality of Valsot and can be reached by car in about 20 minutes.
ParkingFree parking at the entrance to the village of Tschlin.
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentGood shoes, rain and sun protection, water bottle, bandages.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.