Senda Val Müstair - the easy high-level hike on the sunny side of the valley with a magnificent panoramic view. With the Natura Trail guide this hike becomes a theme trail.
Distance 19.5 km
The Senda Val Müstair makes it possible to walk along the Biosfera Val Müstair Natural Park. The start of the hike is at the PostBus stop Süsom Givè (Ofenpass). The first part leads on a path through the Swiss stone pine forest and then on a forest path in about one hour to the Alp da Munt. The hiking trail now runs along the slope with views down into the valley. At the mountain lake Lai da Juata lies the highest point of the hike at about 2260 m. Soon the descent to the 200 meters lower situated, cultivated Alp Champatsch begins. A road leads down to Lü, where the first stage of the Natura Trail ends after 3 hours. At the end of the village, ascending to the left through the forest, you pass Urschai, the alp Sot, Craistas, Pütschai and reach via Pizzet after 3 more hours the main village Müstair with the UNESCO World Heritage Monastery St.Johann.
AuthorTourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG
Update: December 31, 2020
Safety informationThe tour has been evaluated under favorable weather conditions. Current weather conditions and weather forecasts must be taken into account before the tour starts.
- 144 Emergency call, first aid
- 1414 Mountain rescue REGA
- 112 International emergency call
Tips and hintswww.engadin.com
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela pass to Zernez on the H27. From Zernez on the H28 in the direction of Val Müstair to the Süsom Givè pass (30 minutes from Vereina south portal).
- From the east: via Reschenpass (Nauders) on the SS40 to Mals. From Mals on the SS41 to the Swiss border to Müstair. From Müstair on the H28 direction Zernez up to the pass Süsom Givè
- From the south: Via Bolzano and Merano on the SS40 to Malles. From Mals on the SS41 to the Swiss border in Müstair. From Müstair on the H28 to the Süsom Givè pass.
- Free parking at the top of the pass Süsom Givè
32T 598921 5165934
EquipmentGood shoes, rain and sun protection, water bottle, bandages.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view