It is not necessary to go far to taste the water of various mineral springs. Mineral water flows constantly at five village fountains in Scuol. It is recommended to take a cup or a glass bottle with you.
Chalzina spring to the village fountain Bügl Grond
Sotsass spring to the village fountain Plaz
Sotsass spring to the village fountain Bagnera
Clozza spring to the squirrel fountain
Vi spring to the village fountain Plazzetta
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters on the car transporter train through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga – Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass to Lower Engadin on the H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria towards St. Moritz on the H27
- From the south: via Reschen Pass (Nauders – Martina) or the Ofen Pass (Val Müstair – Zernez) on the H27
Scuol is located directly on Engadiner Strasse H27 (20-minute drive from the Vereina tunnel’s southern entrance).
ParkingParking is available at the Scuol-Tarasp train station. Smaller parking spaces in the village and an underground car park at the Bogn Engiadina in Scuol.
Book recommendation by the author
EquipmentSturdy shoes, a bottle or cup, and protection against sun and rain are all recommended.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.