Panoramic hike on the old route from Scuol to Sent. Wonderful views over Scuol and part of the Lower Engadine. The circuit can be walked in both directions.
Distance 6.2 km
From the bus stop Scuol, Clozza you walk up to the hospital, where the main road is crossed by a small bridge. You will find the first signpost here, which leads us towards Chauennas and Sent. The path climbs steadily towards the proud Engadine village of Sent with its striking church spire. At the crossroads of the natural road, just before Sent, we follow it toward Vastur. At a 180-degree bend, the path returns to Scuol according to the signpost. The panorama of the Lower Engadine mountain world accompanies us downhill, until we reach the hospital again.
Sent, with its striking church spire, Engadine houses with sgraffito and numerous village fountains, is considered a «picture book village» and is perfect for a tour.
AuthorTourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG
Update: November 16, 2021
Safety informationThe tour was assessed in favourable weather conditions, it is imperative that the current weather conditions and weather forecasts are observed before starting the tour.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Tips and hintsengadin.com/scuol-chauennas-sent-tuffaloras-return-route
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga – Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders – Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
- Scuol is located directly on the Engadine road H27 (20 minutes' drive from Vereina south portal)
- Paid parking spaces, for example at Scuol-Tarasp railway station
32T 599532 5183815
EquipmentSturdy shoes, possibly sticks
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view