From one picture-book village of Romanesque residential culture to the next, mountain panorama included.
Distance 4.7 km
The hike starts in Guarda, the Schellen-Ursli village on a sunny terrace high above the Inn. Engadine building culture, goats, local products and the Schellen-Ursli story characterise the village. A small road leads relatively level to the hamlet of Bos-cha, before the path descends on the same road to the model village of Romanesque residential culture, Ardez.
The villages of Guarda and Ardez, with their sgraffito-decorated Engadine houses and village squares with fountains, invite you to take an extensive tour.
AuthorScuol Samnaun Val Müstair (dt)
Update: March 01, 2022
Safety informationThe tour was assessed in favourable weather conditions, it is imperative that the current weather conditions and weather forecasts are observed before starting the tour.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Tips and hintsengadin.com
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga – Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
Guarda can be reached in 5 minutes by car from the Engadin road at Giarsun (10 minutes from Vereina south portal)
- Paid parking at the entrance to Guarda village (Guarda is car-free)
- Paid parking at Guarda railway station
32T 587980 5180866
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentGood shoes, rain and sun protection, water bottle, first aid kit.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view