The 8 km long circular trail in Zernez is ideal as a training route for both trained and racing skiers.
Distance 8.1 km
The 8 km long circular trail in Zernez is ideal as a training route for both trained and racing skiers. The trail starts at the sports and cross-country centre in the middle of Zernez and offers ambitious cross-country skiers a challenging and varied circular trail over a length of 8 km with about 250 metres of altitude. After cross-country skiing, a visit to the family pool or a detour to the National Park Centre is recommended.
The family pool, sports restaurant and the cross-country skiing and sports centre Zernez are all located at the cross-country skiing and sports centre Zernez.
AuthorTourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG
Update: December 17, 2021
Safety informationThe trail is regularly groomed when conditions are good. Please note the condition reports in the winter sports report.
The tour was assessed in favourable weather conditions, current snow and weather conditions must be noted before starting.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Tips and hintsengadin.com
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
- Zernez is directly on the Engadine road H27 (15 minutes from Vereina south portal)
- Free parking available at the Center da Sport (Urtatsch 147A)
- Free parking available in Prà da Punt (exit Zernez direction Ofenpass)
32T 583770 5172233
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentCross-country skiing equipment, trail pass, sun protection, drinks
Basic Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Lightweight rain and windproof ski jacket
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cross-country skiing gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Cross-country skis
- Cross-country ski bindings
- Cross-country boots
- Cross-country poles
- Waxes if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view